Select Dates Through September 2018
Get ready for some serious family fun on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. Located in Cumberland, MD, just a couple hours from the Washington, DC, Baltimore and Pittsburgh metro areas, this railroad excursion makes a great family day trip!
Your Itinerary: Climb aboard a restored diesel locomotive in Downtown Cumberland, Maryland. Then get ready to travel back through time as the train winds westward through the Allegheny Mountains to Frostburg Depot in Frostburg, MD. Click HERE to learn more about the route.
It’s an entertaining and educational experience for riders of all ages - with classic songs from the 40's and 50's piped in to enjoy along the way.
Trip Time: 3 hours. One hour each way, with a 60-minute layover in Frostburg. On the layover, you can choose to disembark to enjoy the shops and restaurants on Frostburg's Main Street (requires a 10-minute uphill walk from depot. Shuttles will be running some weekends to take guests up the hill.) Guests can also choose to stay downhill and expolore the Frostburg Depot or the adjacent Carriage Museum.
FOR TRAIN LOVERS: Keep your eye on the engine during the layover! Watch as it is detached from the train, rotated on the turntable, and reattached on the opposite end of the train!
Information & Restrictions
- $20 for One Child OR Adult Ticket (Up to $46 value!)
- $40 for Two Child or Adult Tickets (Up to $92 value!)
- $60 for Three Child or Adult Tickets(Up to $136 value!)
- $80 for Four Child or Adult Tickets (Up to $184 value!)
Regular Ticket Cost: $46 Adult Ticket / $30 Child Ticket
- Infants and toddlers sitting on lap of ticketed passengers are free.
Valid for Standard Coach tickets on the following General Excursions Trains:
- March & April 2018: Spring Blossom Special (Saturday & Sunday)
- May 2018: Frostburg Flyer (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- June - September 2018: Frostburg Flyer (Thurs, Friday, Sat, Sunday)
- Valid March 3 thru September 30, 2018.
- Offer is not valid on the following 2018 dates: March 17, 18, 24, 25, & 31; May 13, June 17 & September 9.
- Subject to availability. Advance reservations strongly recommended.
- Trains depart at 11:30 a.m. every operating day. Boarding begins at 11 a.m.
- Click HERE for current operating schedule.
- One hour each way, with a 60-minute lay-over at the Frostburg Depot. On the layover, you can choose to disembark to explore the shops and restaurants on Frostburg’s Main Street (requires a 10 minute uphill walk from Depot. Shuttles will be running some weekends to take guests up the hill.) Guests can also choose to stay downhill and explore the Frostburg Depot and the adjacent Carriage Museum.
- The round trip lasts approximately 3 hours.
- Regular Ticket Cost: $46 for Adults. $30 for Children ages 0-12. (Lap children are free.)
What You Need to Know:
- Fun for ALL ages!
- The Western Maryland Scenic Railroad is located in Cumberland, Maryland, most easily reached via Interstate 68. Cumberland is centrally located from nearby metro areas, about two hours from Baltimore, Washington and Pittsburgh. Click HERE for directions.
- Due to the historic nature of the equipment, limited handicapped seating is available. Please call the Railroad office to discuss your needs.
- Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed during the same visit.
- Standard Coach general seating is available. Not valid on excursions that do not have Standard Coach seating.
- A Snack Bar is available to all passengers.
- Reservations recommended and subject to availability. Please call 1-800-TRAIN-50 to make your reservations.
Expiration: September 30, 2018.
To Redeem: Advance Reservations strongly recommended. Make reservations either:
BY PHONE: Please call 1-800-TRAIN-50. Please be prepared to present your voucher (printed or on a smartphone) when you arrive for your train ride
ONLINE: To make your reservation, you will need to locate the 10-digit CertifiKID Vendor Codes (beginning with "CK") on the confirmation email you received from CertifiKID after your purchase. (Vendor Codes can also be found by logging into your CertifiKID account.)
- Click HERE to go to the Western MD Scenic RR Calendar
- Click 'BUY' below your desired excursion date/time
- In the "Promo Code" bar on the top of the screen, enter your 10-digit CertifiKID Vendor Code and click "Find Promo." Above the "Find Promo" box, you'll see a note (in yellow) that your promo code was accepted. The number of tickets you purchased will automatically populate in the "Select Tickets" section (left side of screen). On the right side of the screen ("Seating Chart"), select a COACH car where you'd like to sit and click "Find Tickets".
- On the next screen ("Billing Information"), please fill in your contact information so that your tickets can be held under your name at will-call. You'll see your total is "$0.00". Click "PAY" to complete your order.
Important Note: If you are purchasing more than four (4) tickets, you can only add one Promo Code at a time. Please follow the instructions above for the first quantity of four (4) tickets. Then, instead of clicking "PAY", CLICK "CONTINUE SHOPPING" (on the "Billing Information" screen) and then follow the instructions above for the remaining tickets.
Questions? Need More Information? Please contact Western Maryland Scenic Railroad at 1-800-TRAIN-50.
Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed. Valid only for the dates listed above. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Cannot be redeemed for cash. No cash value. Not valid on prior purchases. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption. Operating hours are subject to change; check directly with vendor prior to visit. Merchant cancellation policy applies.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Deals from CertifiKID.